Tuesday, May 22, 2007

FAQs & "How Do I...?" Answers

Questions - Answers Below
How Do I Join WIST?
What are Street Teams?
I want to join, but I don't have much time- does it matter?
How do I join the blog ring?
Can I post in the WIST blog?
How do I join the WIST google group?
Why aren't I on the WIST member list on the blog?
How can I contact you?
Why aren't I listed on the Etsy Street Team page?
How do I join the WIST flickr group?
I'd love some WIST &/or Etsy promos! How do I get some?
What is a blog?
Hey! I'd LOVE to help- what can I do?
What on Earth is an ATC or an ACEO?
What is a Trunk Show, and how is that different from a Art & Craft Fair?


Q: How Do I Join WIST?
A: It's *very* easy to join WIST- just send me a convo (Andrea aka ZenithJade.Etsy.com) with the following words somewhere in there: "I want to join!" and voila!, you're in! (It sure does help if you live in Wisconsin, though. Or if you love cows. *winks*).

Q: What are Street Teams?
A: Street Team members will often cross-promote each other, gather for events, have the option of sharing booths at fairs... Street Teams are like "business clubs," but a lot more fun. *grins* We also hold contests for our members so we can get to know each other better, and see what we can each do.

According to Wikipedia, Street Teams are "viral marketing program(s), organized by region and governed by Etsy sellers, to help promote Etsy at craft fairs and public events." I like my definition better. =~.^=

Q: I want to join, but I don't have much time- does that matter?
A: Your level of participation in our Street Team is *completely up to you*. Whether you just want to chat with your fellow Wisconsinites, or work together- it's your call. *grins*

Q: How do I join the blog ring?
A: Please CLICK HERE to read the WIST Blog Ring FAQ on how to join!!!

Q: Can I post in the WIST blog?
A: All WIST members are encouraged to contribute to this blog. In order for me to send an invitation for you to post, I need your email address. Please feel free to email or convo me that information so it stays private! (zenithjade AT yahoo.com or ZenithJade.etsy.com).

I've gotten some messages regarding difficulties in accepting the invitation to post in the blog. Here's a wonderful tutorial on what might have happened to cause that +++ a way to fix it! (YAY!)

Q: How do I join the WIST google group?
A: It's pretty easy, I swear! Click HERE and follow the instructions. =~.^=

Q: Why aren't I on the WIST member list on the blog?
A: One of two reasons- either I made a mistake (woe!) or you haven't sent me a CONVO asking to join. Joining the google or flickr groups will not guarantee that you're put on the roster!!! (I just don't have the time to hunt everyone down so send me that convo, ASAP!).

Q: How can I contact you?
A: By sending ZenithJade.Etsy.com a convo or sending her an email (zenithjade AT yahoo DOT com).

Q: Why aren't I listed on the Etsy Street Team page?
A: One of two reasons- I haven't had time to send Matt (Etsy admin) updates, or because Matt is *swamped* with other work. Eventually, it will be all on me to make sure our page on Etsy stays updated. =~.^=

Q: How do I join the WIST flickr group?
A: First, you need to have a flickr account- if you already have a Yahoo! account, merging the two is very easy, and flickr will walk you through it step by step. Click here, and then click "Sign Up!"

If you already have a flickr account, you can go to our group's profile page (clicky!) and join up. =^.^=

Q: I'd love some WIST &/or Etsy promos! How do I get some?
A: I've been uploading WIST promo materials to my flickr account, as well as uploading the files to our WIST google group cache. =~.^=

Here's a list of the printable promotional materials:
Postcard Sheet One (all designed by WIST members) - 4 cards/ sheet
Postcard Sheet Two (all designed by WIST members) - 4 cards/ sheet
Customizable WIST Flyer (add your own text!)
Funny WIST Flyer
Professional WIST Flyer
Design Your Own WIST Postcards - 4 cards/ sheet (blank!)
Single Blank Postcard
+ WIST members have been uploading their single postcard designs to our google group file cache.

We're going to be getting a wider variety of WIST promos soon. If you'd like to contribute, please see this blog post by clicking here. Thanks!

If you're hosting or participating in an event, you can also request Etsy promotional materials by CLICKING HERE. *grins*

Q: What is a blog?
A: You can find out all about what blogs are by clicking HERE. =^.^=

Q: Hey! I'd LOVE to help- what can I do?
A: We'd LOVE your help! Please click here to visit our "WIST Help-Wanted" Ads.

Q: What on Earth is an ATC or an ACEO?
A: ATC stands for "Artist Trading Card." ACEO stands for "Art Card, Editions and Originals." ATCs are only gifted or traded. ACEOs are made for sale, (and can rub ATC fans the wrong way). "The only standard requirement for an ATC is that its height and width measurements be 2.5" x 3.5", either portrait or landscape orientation. The sky can be the limit for every other aspect of the art." (source: wikipedia- click for the full explantion & history)

Q: What is a Trunk Show, and how is that different from an Art & Craft Fair?
A: A trunk show is a smaller art & craft fair- less space and less vendors. For our trunk shows, we'll be doing a "meet & greet" plus refreshments in addition to selling our awesome wares. The overall cost to participate is usually much lower too!

***

If you have a question, please comment in this post, and I'll create an entry for it here- that way all WIST members benefit! Thanks!

Your WIST coordinator,
~Andrea

1 comment:

bellacolle said...

Hi, I want to join, I have registered but I am soo computer illiterate that I have no clue as to where to add the link on my blog! Could someone help me? Every time I try and add something to my blog I wind up having to change my blog and I'm so tired of doing that. Please let me know! Thank you.