Friday, June 8, 2007

Featured Etsy seller All Kinds of Creative










I recently had the opportunity to meet Sarah, fellow WIST member and etsy seller allkindsofcreative . Sarah lives in the Milwaukee area with her husband and two children, ages 4 and 7. She sells trendy crocheted items, jewelry, photography and a few other fun items in her shop. In addition, she is currently adding a bridal and special occasion jewelry line to the shop.


Since Sarah opened her shop on etsy 4 months ago, she’s also opened a second shop that she co-owns with her friend Amy, creativepaperartists. Here she specializes in paper crafts such as customized journals, scrapbooks and scrapbooking supplies. To coincide with her love of paper arts she is also a “Close to my Heart” representative selling scrapbooking and stamping supplies.


I asked Sarah a couple of questions about our homestate, here is what allkindsofcreative had to say about Wisconsin:


What is your favorite Wisconsin activity and place to visit?

"Well, that's a loaded question. Since I've lived here my whole life there are a lot! My favorite activities are Irish Fest in Milwaukee or the Wisconsin State Fair. My favorite place to visit is Weyerhaeuser, WI because I went to missionary training school at a little base there. It's in the middle of nowhere and it is beautiful and quiet... I left a little piece of my heart there."

What would you like to get out of the Wisconsin street team?

"I think what I would like to get from this experience the same thing the rest of us would! More business in our shops! I think it's important to support each other. Etsy really is like a community, but we never see each other. With the street teams, there can be an opportunity. I hope that sometime in the future all of the Wisconsinite Etsyians can get together, encourage each other and talk about cows and cheese and the Packers(LOL - isn't that what the rest of the country thinks we do when we get together?)"

Thank you for your time Sarah, best of luck selling on etsy!

1 comment:

Xanthe said...

Great article!