Friday, March 21, 2008

Driftless Area Arts Festival- Sign up!

The April 1st deadline for participants in the 2008 Driftless Area Art Festival is fast approaching.

Artists who live and create in the Driftless Area of southwestern Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota, northeastern Iowa, and northwestern Illinois are eligible to enter.
Click here for a pdf of the application form.

I highly recommend this Festival. I've participated for two years. Attendance has increased steadily and my sales doubled from the 2006 sale to the 2007 festival. The Festival attracts a large audience of well educated buyers who appreciate fine arts and crafts. Community businesses support the festival, many bringing in out of town guests just to attend the event.

The organizers treat the Artists very well. Volunteers check on vendors frequently and provide relief for bathroom and food breaks. Great local restaurants and organizations sell food in a separate area on site and a reception is hosted for the artists at the end of the first day.

I was amazed to find that so many talented artists are tucked back in to the hills of the Driftless Region. It turned out that the Artist next to me at the 2007 Festival, Virginia Johnson, was actually a long lost relative, with her grandfather being a brother (now deceased) to my very elderly grandfather. You learn something new everyday!

If you want any more detailed info on the Festival, please contact me through my Etsy shop. I'd love to see more Etsy sellers there.

1 comment:

LittleSun said...

So much info!
I wanted to see your blog, now I wanna see your shop
-bye-
see u in the forums