Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moo Crew Feature

This week's featured shop is Mary Mule. If you're looking for quality, style, & affordability - - then look no further! I just love her fabric choices & designs!
Now if I could just make up my mind....
To take a look for yourself, just click the image below.

1) Tell us about your work & what drew you to it.

I am a seamstress. I actually had seen some things on Etsy & other blogs last fall, & thought "If I could sew, I could make that." I had been contemplating buying a sewing machine & was at a farmers Market in Portland with a friend where we saw these tote bags & messenger bags. I almost bought one, but then decided that was it, I was going to buy a sewing machine when I get home. And I did. I am self taught (not counting 7th grade Home Ec.) & basically just jumped right in.


2) What is most enjoyable about your work?

When I try a new pattern & it comes together in the end! I also like to make things for other people & enjoy giving them as gifts. It makes me happy when people enjoy the things I make for them.

3) What is your biggest challenge?

I think it is just that I am self taught. Sometimes I am afraid to try new techniques, but then eventually I try it, & sometimes it is trial & error. Maybe it would be easier if I took a class to learn the correct way to do something, but I like figuring things out for myself. My other challenge is keeping my fabric buying habit under control!

4) How are you inspired?

I read a lot of blogs. That is where I get a lot of my ideas. Oh, & my sister finds things she likes, emails them to me & says, "Make me this!"


5) Apart from creating, what do you enjoy?

I love to bake & cook in general. I like photography, but really haven't done much of it. I need to upgrade to a DLSR, so that is what is holding me back. I like to read & travel, though I wish I could do more of the traveling!

6) Is there any rule you can't help but break?

I am sure I break several rules in sewing, given that I teach myself & sometimes decide I don't like the correct way to do something, so I do it my own way! I do however wash & iron all my fabrics before using them!

7) What could you never live without?

My husband & Pepsi!



8) Tell us you top five!

Books: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Carry Me Home Three Cups of Tea & all of the Harry Potter Books.

9) Besides Etsy, where can your work be found?

Some of my coffee cozies are for sale at Birdies Cafe in Milwaukee.
And I have a blog.

10) Do you have any current or ongoing specials?

Until next Wednesday, 8/5, I will give a 15% discount to anyone who leaves "Moo Crew" in the message to seller on my Etsy Shop.

11) Do you have any upcoming shows?

I have been accepted for a spot in a craft show in October! This will be my first craft show.



1 comment:

Xanthe said...

I love the green flowered bag in the last photo! so cute and retro!