Monday, August 17, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Team Wist ‘G’s’

Let’s meet the fabulous ‘G’ shops on this beautiful Monday morning:  GlassGoddessJewelry, GoHeadOverHeels, and Gracie82159.

il_430xN_83641702

 Peridot Tree of Life Pendant – August Birthstone

GlassGoddessJewelry is getting a makeover! I headed over to Aunt Battys Closet…her sister shop.  Here’s what’s going on:  THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY SPECIAL SHOP FOR VINTAGE TREASURES AND CREATIVE SUPPLIES. HOWEVER, MY ORIGINAL SHOP, GLASS GODDESS JEWELRY IS GETTING A MAKEOVER. I HAD A VERY BUSY JULY ON THE ROAD AND SO MANY THINGS IN THE SHOP WERE SOLD THAT I DECIDED IT WAS TIME. SO YOU'LL SOON SEE IT REOPENED WITH GORGEOUS NEW DESIGNS AND BETTER PHOTOS! IN THE MEANTIME, I AM LISTING SOME OF MY NEWEST THINGS HERE.

I just love the Tree of Life pendants from GlassGoddessJewelry.  I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!

 

Next stop from the G’s…. GoHeadOverHeels

il_430xN_60985680 Woven Bracelet

One can find some extremely unique and beautiful earrings, pendants and Bracelets at ‘GoHeadOverHeels’.  Here’s what I learned from her profile:

I've been working full time making and selling my jewelry for 14 years. Check out my website for information about me and the unique process I developed in my studio.
www.LauraTimmins.com


There is also information about my studio which is open to the public -- catch me there by luck (I hang out my banner when I'm there working) or by appointment if you will be in the area. I love to meet my customers!!

Onto our last stop on the ‘G’ journey… Gracie82159

il_430xN_47099549 Brown Diamond Sea Glass and Sterling Pendant

Kathy, of Gracie 82159, is a singer/songwriter and maker of fine sea glass and sterling silver jewelry.  Here’s what she had to say in her shop announcement:

As long as I can remember, I’ve always loved the creative process. I’m a calligrapher, and have sold my work at art fairs and shops across the country. I’m also a musician (singer/ songwriter) with one CD of original music under my belt and another on the way soon. My most recent creative venture is turning bits of discarded glass that have been sculpted by water, sand and rock into wearable art.


It all started on a beach in Puerto Rico, walking the beach, picking up shells like typical tourists. Mixed in with the usual conches and snail shells were bits of brightly colored stones, or so I thought at the time. Back in the hotel room I emptied the collection containers. Upon closer inspection, I realized these were pieces of glass that had been smoothed and frosted by surf and sand.


Each piece of my sea glass jewelry is crafted from authentic sea glass gathered on the shores of Puerto Rico. No two pieces are alike, due to the nature of the glass. Each piece is a one of a kind piece of wearable art, made especially for you.

Three beautiful shops were featured today…all amazing jewelry makers and all amazingly different from each other.  You should be able to find something that suits your taste without having to leave the state of Wisconsin!

1 comment:

Julie at Perfect Paper Shop said...

Great site from "Go Head Over Heels!" It was very interesting to see the incredible process she goes through to create her signature pieces!