Monday, August 31, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Team Wist ‘J’s’ - part 1

Happy Monday!  Almost forgot about my post…but here I am!  Today we’re going to meet two new fabulous Wisconsin artists:  Janel’s Sewing and Stuff and jennyblasenpottery.

We will start our trip with Janel’s Sewing and Stuff

il_430xN_84536449

Petronella Square Pillow Covers

Here’s what I learned about Janel’s Sewing and Stuff from her profile:

“I joined ETSY to find an outlet for a hobby of mine. I enjoy sewing in my spare time and making things that other people may get enjoyment out of. Please enjoy my fun with all of your friends and family.”

Next stop is JennyBlasenPottery where you can find handmade pottery mugs, bowls, plates and even cupcake stands! 

il_430xN_78506292 Shiny Black Yarn Bowl

Here’s what I learned about Jenny from her profile:

“I first studied pottery as an exchange student in Osaka, Japan. I loved the process so much that I continued taking pottery classes when I returned to the US. After graduation I made my way back to Japan for 3 years and moved on to Hawaii for 4 years and never once touched clay.
It wasn't until my husband and I decided to move back to Wisconsin that I started potting again. After several years of evening classes I decided that it wasn't enough. I joined a local community studio and began spending every free moment in the studio. At the encouragement of potter friend, I began selling my pottery locally and here on Etsy.
I continue to learn something new every time I step into the studio. I like to make functional pieces for everyday use. Some pieces, like my little dishes, are inspired from my time in Japan.
All pieces shown are lead free, food safe, and can be used in the microwave and dishwasher.”

 

And that’s it for this week’s show and tell!  Tune in next week to meet some more shops from Wisconsin that start with the letter ‘J’!

No comments: