Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Moo Crew Feature

Designs By Lynette is our featured shop this week!
To browse this shop, simply click any of the images below and enjoy!



1) Tell us about your work and what drew you to it!

My mom and grandma taught me how to sew when I was young. I sewed different things here and there while I was in high school ( mostly costumes for plays) and college (repairs and alterations) and then sewed my bridesmaids' dresses right after college. After that, I didn't really sew again until this last year.

Lynette, modeling one of her gorgeous mei tai carriers

2) What is most enjoyable about your work?

I love that it's become a creative outlet for me. Whenever I'm out, and I see some clothes, bags, or purses, I immediately start thinking of how I could recreate it.


3) What is your biggest challenge?

Finding the time to work. With three little kids, I have to work around them and their schedules.

Polka Dots and Pearls
Toddler Dress/Tunic


4) How are you inspired?

I'm inspired be anything I see whether it's an item in a store or a piece of fabric. I'm also inspired by the many creative blogs out there.

Greek Goddess
Green Jersey Dress


5) Apart from creating, what do you enjoy?

I enjoy spending time with my family. Right now, they're the most important thing in my life.


6) What is your most cherished handmade item?

I still have the Holly Hobby quilt that my mom and grandma made for me when I was five.


7) What could you never live without?

My coffee!!

8) Tell us your top five!

Made
Luvin' the Mommyhood
Oh So Happy Together
Pretty Ditty
My Mama Made It
Oh Hello Friend

Okay, that was six! : ) I have so many blogs that I follow that all inspire me in one way or another.

Strawberry Lovin' Dress

9) Besides Etsy, where can your work be found?

I only sell through Etsy, but you can see other examples of my work on my blog and my Facebook page.


10) Do you have any current or ongoing specials?

Right now with planning a move to Texas, I'm clearing out items in my shop. Everything is 25% off!

To celebrate her feature, Lynette is giving away her beautiful Chiffon Cascade Scarf.
There are three easy ways to enter.
Be sure to leave a comment for each entry!!

1) Take a peek in her shop and tell us which item you like best.
2) Become a fan on Facebook.
3) Follow her blog.

Best of luck everyone!
The lucky winner will be chosen randomly next Wednesday.

Chiffon Cascade Scarf/Wrap

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Congratulations Lynette! I'm afraid I'm already her fan and a blog follower. :)

Carrie said...

Beautiful creations!

dana said...

Thanks for putting me on your list!