Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Moo Crew Feature

This week's featured shop, Elegance For You, has got a great selection
of beautifully made jewelry with variety that's sure to please.
Click any image to visit this shop!

1) Tell us about your work and what drew you to it!

I have always loved jewelry even as a child. I decided that it was getting expensive and frankly, sometimes I could not find that piece of jewelry that I was looking for or the size that I needed. So, I decided to take a jewelry class so that I could start making my own jewelry. Turned out that I liked making it so much that one day a friend of mine asked if I could make something for her and that she would pay me. At the same time, another friend of mine wanted me to show her how to make jewelry so that we could start doing craft shows and sell our jewelry. The rest is history!!


2) What is most enjoyable about your work?

I love the fact that I can be as creative as I want to be and that nothing is off limits. It also is an escape from everyday life. (My boys 10 and 6, and my office job)


3) What is your biggest challenge?

Being able to stay creative, I have good days and bad days. I take advantage of the good days. Just last night, I had an inspiration and ended up with five pair of earrings and three pendant necklaces. It was a good night.


4) How are you inspired?

Everday life, nature, especially the changing seasons. I also look at magazines for trends as well as beading magazines. I'm always happy to learn a new technique.



5) Apart from creating, What do you enjoy?

Well, I love shopping, cooking, baking, and spending time with my husband and two boys, who are ten and six. I recently joined my kids PTA group . I am very passionate about their education and making sure they have all they need to be successful in life.


7) What is your most cherished handmade item?

A pair of earrings that I made for myself, surprisingly they were made with a free item that I received from ordering from Fire Mountain Beads!


8) Is there any rule you can't help but break?

Yes, not matching my jewelry exactly to what I'm wearing. Some days I just want to be a rebel.


9) What could you never live without?


Beads, beads, beads, cable TV, and malls.


10) Tell us your top five!!


Music Rob Thomas, Marroon 5, Pink, Michael Buble, Carrie Underwood, and Kelly Clarkson.

Books Harry Potter series, Twilight series, The Da Vinci Code, and Angels and Demons.

Movies: When Harry Met Sally, Pride and Prejudice ( the one with Colin Firth), Emma (with Gweneth Paltrow), Harry Potter and Twilight.

11) Besides Etsy, where can your work be found?

A shop called Oniomania. Click here to visit their site!

I'm working on getting into some boutiques.

12) Do you have any current or ongoing specials?

I do have specials for my Facebook fans and Twitter followers. They vary from a free gift with purchase of free shipping. I announce them periodically so be sure to fan or follow me to take part!

13) Do you have any upcoming shows?

I currently have one show coming up on October 10th from 9am-3pm at Our Fathers Lutheran Church located at 6023 S. 27th Street in Greenfield, WI.



In celebration of this feature, Elegance For You, is having a giveaway!
One lucky reader will receive a $10.00 gift certificate good for any item in shop!

To enter, simply visit Elegance For You,
then leave a comment on your favorite item!

Lots of luck, everyone!

1 comment:

f.sarah said...

i love the Delicate Peach Earrings
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24148500