Monday, September 7, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Team Wist ‘J’s’ – Part II

Today we’re going to take a stop by jessjaye, jewelryinfusions and jewelryinfusions2 on our tour of the Wisconsin shops.

First stop: jessjaye. where one can currently find: cute glass pendants and some fun bottle cap art.

il_430xN_73274676 Six Pack Racing Sausages Magnet Set

I had a fun time checking out jessjaye’s profile:

Hi I'm Jess!
Born, raised and schooled in Wisconsin.
73 cool things to ME
my cat edith.
cooking shows.
wyatt alexander.
skirts.
loving mister mister.
diaries.
gel pens.
new calendars.
flowers.
dark beer.
cotton underwear.
nachos.
the letter L.
kops burgers.
learning something new.
flip flops.
highlights.
free parking.
poetry.
harvest moon.
sharpie markers.
old jeans.
glitter.
friday fish fries.
coffee.
joe montana.
words.
journals.
funky eyeglasses.
dark chocolate.
cowboy boots.
reggae.
down comforters.
linen.
waitresses who call me honey.
arnold palmers.
mount everest.
babbling brooks.
cashews.
white tents.
tom meow.
mohawks.
folded laundry.
grocery store aisles.
pink.
polyester jogging suits.
Target.
dancing.
getting mail.
the opposite sex.
christians smile
scruffy hair-dos.
travel
imagination.
new music.
fashion magazines.
pugs.
blank white paper.
baby names.
chinese food.
vodka tonics.
new car smell.
bikinis.
beach sand.
wisconsin.
nervous laughter.
planetariums.
beloit.
museums.
fish sticks.
mint anything.
belgium.
making a mess.


-Above all else, it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that is why I made works of art -Feliz Gonzalez-Torres

Our next stop on this little journey will be jewelryinfusions where you can find some beautiful Handmade Resin Jewelry. All items are handmade using resin and a mixture of natural items, handmade papers and fabric.

il_430xN_88997586Red Real Straw Flower and Resin Ring – Adjustable

While we’re here we’re going to pop on by her other shop jewelryinfusions2. This site features her handmade creations...a mix of new media that I am experimenting with. Currently featured: Plexiglass. She hand cuts, shapes, sands and alters each plexiglass piece, incorporating other materials in the process.

il_430xN_57315511 Mod Pink and Green Square Fabric and Plexi Brown Bobby

Here’s what jewelryinfusions’s and jewelryinfusions2’s bio has to say:

I am currently at home with my two-year old and 6-month old sons.
I consider myself a life-long creator. My interests vary from drawing to painting to photography to ceramics to jewelry and everything in between. I specifically like to find ways to mingle different media.

I hope you enjoyed these couple of stops! Tune in again next week for part III of the Wist J’s!

No comments: