Monday, September 14, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Team Wist J’s – Part III

Welcome to another addition of Show and Tell.  We’re heading into part III of the ‘J’ members of etsy team wist:  jill2day and jlwproducts will be featured today!

Our first stop is at jill2day’s shop where one can find some one-of-a-kind refashioned, reconstructed clothing.  Eco-friendly, one-of-a-kind, comfy, warm each of these garments are reconstructed from recycled sweaters. Each grows out of the moment and materials and no two will be alike. Enjoy - they are easy care and easy fit!

il_430xN_87586995Violet2day 

Here’s what I learned from Jill’s profile:

(If you want to know more about me after reading the below information, please go to my blog at: www.jill2day.blogspot.com)


After years of creating fun stuff for family and friends and designing graphics for clients and employers, I have decided to create fun stuff for everyone!


My sweaters came from the love of textures and cuddley sweaters - and the lack of patience to knit the unique sweaters I wanted to wear! I started experimenting with using some of my quilt piecing techniques to make new sweaters out of old ones. Since then, new techniques (and new machines) have made producing them both structurally better and more efficient.


Several years ago I dusted off my old sewing machine and found the joy in making art quilts and clothing. Many of my quilts have been in shows and homes across the nation, but there are only so many beds and walls for quilts. I decided it would be much more fun if my quilts were seen walking down the street and if people could wrap themselves in them all day instead of just at night! So my jackets were born. they are in my other shop -

quilt2day.etsy.com

Next stop on our journey is jlwproducts.   A person can find a little bit of everything here…from art to beadwork to candles to jewelry to soap and more.

il_430xN_86875383 The Moon Through Tree Acrylic Original Painting 8x10

and here’s what I learned from the profile:

I majored in art and love doing just about anything crafty. I have been making jewelry for several years now and making art for longer. I have done candles for wedding favors and have experience and care when it comes to the products I make.

Hope you enjoyed the stops this week!

No comments: