Monday, September 28, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Team Wist K’s

I almost forgot to post today, but alas, I am here!  We are off to meet the K’s of Team Wist today…KimsCrafyApple, KittyGrrlzHandKnits, KittyGrrlzHandSpunYarn, and kjcreationsstudio

We’ll take our first stop at KimsCrafyApple (aka… me!) where one can find baby clothing, quilts, bags, ACEO’s, Hoodies and More!

il_430xN_92722184 Across the Nation String Quilt – Lap Size

Here’s what you can learn about me when you read my profile:

I am currently a stay-at-home-mom of two small baby girls, recently retired from my full time job as a civil engineer. I have been creating things my entire life and whenever possible, I choose to make my own instead of buying something. The name of my store comes from the fact that I am part of a family-owned and operated apple orchard. When I first started dating my now-husband, his family let me display my jewelry in the apple store. It went over better than I ever expected and I have continued to create things to sell during the apple season.

I am also proud to sell a few items made by mother-in-law, Diane, and my sister-in-law, Karma. I lucked out when I married into an extremely talented family! The long-arm quilting on many of the quilts you see here was done by my aunt-in-law, Barb, from www.QuiltsbyBarb.etsy.com. Make sure you check out her shop for more amazing quilts!

The next stop on today’s journey will be from KittyGrrlzHandKnits, unique and one of a kind hand knits,  and KittyGrrlzHandSpunYarn, unique and colorful hand spun yarns of all types. 

il_430xN_47170158 Neon Holiday Hand Knit Hand Spun Art Cowl/Neckwarmer warm winter gift

il_430xN_89147681 FunctionArt - Masquerade - HandDyed HandSpun Merino Wool Art Yarn 76 yards 3 oz

And here’s what Bobbi’s profile says about her:

I'm a librarian, and a knitter! I make hand knit items with luxurious, fun & funky yarns! I learned how to knit at the DIY Trunk Show in Chicago in 2004 . . . it changed my life! :) I love to knit as it is calms me and focuses my attention. I prefer to knit with the funkier yarns, and tend to stay away from your basic yarns. I have a cat named Bug Juice.

Our last stop on our journey through the K’s of Wisconsin is at kjcreationsstudio – unique jewelry by Kim J Ingersoll.

il_430xN_69387477 Sand Dollar Necklace with Chalcedony - Beach Treasures

I learned a lot of fun things in Kim’s Profile!

Ever since I bought a bag of old beads at a local rock & gem shop in 1988, I have been passionate about all things Beady. Each bead, whether nature or human-made is a miniature work of art in itself. Those little 'holey' things just fascinate me!
I used to be a practicing Pharmacist, but since fibromyalgia has entered my life, my love of art is even more important to me. This illness has put things in a new perspective for me - I value Life, other people, & the world around me more then ever!
I am fortunate to live in the country among the beautiful hills and valleys of the driftless area in SW Wisconsin. This area has a large number of organic farms, and folks here steward the land with care. Both the Natural & Spiritual worlds bless me with inspiration in my creative designs.
I love exploring new techniques & materials in my evolution as an artist. My father was an artist, and his legacy to me is the passionate love of form & color, and attention to detail. I have been creating jewelry for many years & was happy to discover Etsy as another venue to sell my works. Each of my pieces is infused with Heart & Love (and a smile :)
Most of my pieces are one-of-a-kind. I hope you enjoy my works as much as I have enjoyed making them. My sincere wish is that each piece will bring enjoyment and find the right home.
My various other interests are: gem & color symbolism, herbs, history & ancient cultures, jazz drumming & percussion, sky watching, and pastel drawing (I also love to create Mandalas - another shop, another time ...)
I love the forest, chocolate, and sharing a good laugh!
I am happily married to a loving and supportive husband who always has encouraged me in my Art. Thanks for keeping me sane & happy, Jack! :)

Have a great week and tune in next week for the L’s of Wisconsin!

No comments: