Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Moo Crew Feature

This week's featured shop is JLW Products!
Here you will find a great selection of handmade items ranging from jewelry to paintings.
Click any image in this post to have a look for yourself!


1) Tell us about your work and what drew you to it!

I grew up in a house where my mom was very crafty and I always felt a little bit more together if I had a creative outlet. I like to try new things, which has led to my working diversely. Each different style of my work came about differently. The fine art aspect was my major in college and the jewelry came about after taking a one night class through the local recreation department. My other creative endeavors come about when I see something new and want to try it.


2) What is most enjoyable about your work?

What is most enjoyable about my work is the freedom it offers me. If I get bored or frustrated I can move on to a different project or a completely different medium.


3) What is your biggest challenge?

In college I liked to refer to myself as having Art ADD because I never liked to stick with one thing too long which got me in trouble with the faculty because I never wanted to work in series.


4) How are you inspired?

I'm inspired by different things I see in magazines or nature. Basically just everyday life I see something catch my eye and run with it.


5) Apart from creating, what do you enjoy?

I just had a baby on September 22nd being with him and my husband and transitioning into being a first time mom is huge for me right now. Outside of them I love to read, cook and listen to music or watch movies. My netflix queue is overflowing with movies at the moment because it is hard to find the time since my son was born. I also love to shop.


6) What is your most cherished handmade item?

I have a blanket that was made for me as a baby and I still sleet with it now. I refuse to share it with my husband. : )

7) What could you never live without?

My family and my pets are the most important thing in my life. Music is also big. I pretty much always have it on when I am creating. I don't think I will ever be able to stop doing something creative.


8) Tell us your top five!

Websites: Amazon, Ebay, Deviant Art, Art House Coop, Facebook

Music: Lifehouse, Korn, Marilyn Manson, No Doubt, Kelly Clarkson

Movies and Books are too hard to pick but I love reading the "classics" and I love action movies and The Pirates of the Caribbean movies.


9) Besides Etsy, where can you work be found?

At my personal website.

10) Do you have any current or ongoing specials?

There is a special sale section on my Etsy site and if anyone mentions this article to me with their order I will throw in a special gift as a thank you.

No comments: