Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Show and Tell Monday (oops…it’s Tuesday) – Team Wist L’s – Part I

I must apologize for this post being late…it completely slipped my mind that it was Monday yesterday…and I have no idea how since it was the HUGE game night (sad).  So hopefully, this is better late than never.

Today we’re going to meet three great shops that start with the letter L (I feel like I’m on Sesame Street!):  Liesldesigns, lilybugboutique, and LisaFerinDesigns

Our first stop will be in Kenosha, WI, at Liesldesigns who offers beautiful handcrafted jewelry. 

il_430xN_68323027 Gemma Earrings – Red

She is am open for custom orders and special requests, contact her for details. Brides—she is also happy to work with you to create the perfect jewelry for you and your bridesmaids!

Next stop:  Chippewa Falls and lilybugboutique to find some fun hair clippies and minky baby blankets. 

il_430xN_90700543 LilyBug Set of 2 BUTTERFLY Hair Clips in PINKS

Here’s what I learned from her bio:

I am a mom of 2 gorgeous kids (and a 3rd on the way) who stays at home part-time and works part-time. I love to make blankets and bows for kids of all ages!

One last stop on our quick little journey today in which we head over to our state capitol, Madison, to meet LisaFerinDesigns who does metal work and beading. 

il_430xN_67684202 Pumpkin Swirl

Here’s what her bio has to say:

I love jewelry! From the time I was little. From the ancient beads in museum displays to the silver necklaces my mother always wore. I started making earrings for my high school friends and never stopped. I learned to carve wax and cast silver and here I am. I am a metalsmith who likes to break for beads now and again and a beader with a hankering to get back to the jeweler's bench....My background is in archaeology rather than art (I switched to jewelry making about 12 years ago) and some of the jewelry forms come to me by way of pottery shards, the striation of soil layers or the sharp point of a trowel. Most of my rings and pendants are carved out of wax and then cast. I leave channels in the wax where the second metal will later be soldered in. Some pieces are unique, others I make in limited numbers. I don’t usually make drawings, but let the shape of the jewelry evolve spontaneously as I go. Sometimes I fabricate rather than cast. I am still working on improving my stone-setting skills! When I'm tired of all that, I turn to comfort in beads! Glass, semi-precious, silver and anything else that catches my eye.

Tune in next week for a visit to the rest of the Team Wist ‘L’ shops!

No comments: