Monday, October 12, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Team Wist “L’s” Part II

On this chilly MONDAY (yes, it is Monday this time…I didn’t forget and have to post a day late) morning we’re going to stop and visit the rest of the Team Wist Shops that begin with the letter L:  Little Dandelion Studios, and  lusmysticjewels.

We’ll start were we left off last week in Madison, WI, at Little Dandelion Studios who has gifts for the ladies, babies and home. 

il_430xN_83509192 SnugBug Green Stripe Set 0-6 months

Here’s what I learned from Jess’s Profile:

My name is Jess & for as long as I can remember arts & crafts have been my passions. Throughout high school & my time at UW I lived in the art department. I was even a member of the Arts Honors Society in high school!

About 10 years ago I learned to knit & crochet (thanks mom!) & love how relaxing & rewarding it is. Paper Crafting & jewelry making have also been near & dear to my heart for a long while. I've been making jewelry & beading since high school & started making cards in 2004 when I made our wedding invitations.

Six months after my son was born, I found Etsy & leaped right in! Having a shop like this has been a dream of mine for many years! Being here on Etsy, among the vast variety of great talent is almost like being back in the art department - my former second home. I absolutely love it!

Not long after opening my shop, I finally convinced my mom, Harriet, to join me. She has also been crafting all of her day. All of the beautiful baskets are her handwoven creations, a craft she has been perfecting & enjoying since 2001. When she's not in her gardens or with her grandbabies, she also enjoys crocheting, knitting, & sewing.

All of our items are handmade with great care using only the best materials for the love of craft.

Last stop: Menasha, WI at Lu’s Mystic Jewels. 

il_430xN_76833831Jewels of the Nile 

Here’s what I learned from her profile:

I have been creative since I was 8 yrs old. I have been making jewelry for 15 yrs. I have taken classes but mostly self taught.
I really enjoy making jewelry and take pride in my unique style and create jewelry no one else has.
I also do a lot of special orders, so if you don't see what your looking for please contact me.

Drop by again next week as we begin to explore the M’s around Wisconsin. 

No comments: