Monday, October 19, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – the Team Wist ‘M’s’ begin

At this time there are FIFTEEN shops on Team Wist that start with the letter M…I’m sure there are more to come.  This will be an ongoing series but I will try to feature at least 3 a week.  Today we’ll meet marinatina, marionhill, and Mary’s Shop.

We’ll start in Milwaukee, WI, and visit marinatina’s shop .

il_430xN_84134200 bird birds birds shoulder bag

Here’s what I learned from her profile:

I make things. Lots of things, but I'm best at sewing. My grandma taught me how to sew when I was little; I started sewing again two years ago to deal with her passing. I inherited her sewing machine and used that for quite awhile; lately I've been using my new Janome. I think my sewing is very influenced by her. I don't waste money or materials. I reuse materials as much as I can; I buy fabric at independent fabric stores when I need something new.
I live in Milwaukee, which I highly recommend to anyone who likes awesome cities full of awesome people. I sew whenever I can; I'm a grad student in a dual degree master's program, so I don't get to sew as much as I'd like. But hey, in one or two years, I will be a Master of History and also Library Science.

Keeping put in Milwaukee we now head over to MarionHill’s shop.

il_430xN_93352635 Deluxe Coat

Marion runs a custom order shop: All items are custom made after the order is placed. If you don't see an option that works for you, convo me and I'll make a custom order just for you!

Look’s like we don’t have to leave Milwaukee at all today!  Last stop:  Mary’s Shop!

il_430xN_81394228 Floral Mandala Resin Pendant

Here’s what Mary had to say in her profile:

I have been creating since as long as I can remember. I enjoy sewing projects, jewelry making, and miniatures.
I am willing to do custom jobs.

I hope you enjoyed or quick little trek through Milwaukee…tune in again next Monday to see where the ‘M’s’ take us next!

No comments: