Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Moo Crew Feature


1) Tell us about your work & what drew you to it.


I create original wire jewelry and crafts. A long time ago, I met a group of friends who was into beading and they introduced me to making jewelry. After a while, I decided to start selling my jewelry on Etsy.


2) What is most enjoyable about your work?


I like doodling on paper and coming up with new ideas and I like seeing the finished piece. I've created a lot lately including ornaments, bookmarks and stuff for men.


3) What is your biggest challenge?


Learning to photograph jewelry was quite a challenge. In the past 10 months that I've been on Etsy, I've learned so much about improving my photos. I bought a light tent, daylight CFL bulbs, a couple cheap desk lamps, some card stock and colored paper. I also scavenged for rocks and little boxes to use as props.

4) How are you inspired?


I like to check out library books and look up new techniques, then I get inspired with ways I could use those techniques to make something new and fresh.


5) Apart from creating, what are you passionate about?


I love my cat, Grace. She's very entertaining and she occasionally has her sweet moments - on her terms. I'm also passionate about chocolate :)



6) What is your most cherished handmade item?


I'm really happy with my butterfly pendants. Right now, I've got one for sale with pearls, blue crystals and the rainbow crystal one pictured. I've also done custom orders with crystals in whatever colors the customer wanted. Anyone who is interested in a custom order butterfly is welcome to contact me at their earliest convenience so I'd have time to get it made in time. :)



7) What could you never live without?


Chocolate! And I can't imagine living without a pet again after adopting Grace two years ago.



8) Tell us your top five!


I like Short Circuit, Office Space, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem by Wayne Dyer, and Facebook.



9) Besides Etsy, where can your work be found?


Right now, my work is only on Etsy.

I also have an Etsy store for selling beads since I got carried away buying them.


I have a blog and am on twitter.

No comments: