Monday, November 2, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – Some more Wisconsin ‘M’s!

We are going to start in Verona, WI, this beautiful (maybe a little windy) Monday morning at Michellenstamps.

il_430xN_94324707Pumpkins Greeting Card

Here’s what her profile had to say:

I love papercrafting, and especially handmaking cards. It all started 13 years ago. I thought it might be fun to make my daughter's birth announcements. Little did I know what that would lead to. Now I'm buried in rubber stamps, ink and paper, but I really do love this craft! I said I would never, ever scrapbook, and I was wrong about that, but making cards is really my passion! I still love it as much as when I started. I strive for top quality cards, and hope you will stop back often!

Now we’re going to head down to Milwaukee to a fabulous vintage fabric shop, MidwestNeedles. Most of their fabric dates back to the 1950s.

il_430xN_81550787 Nouveau Flowers

Here’s what their profile had to say about them:

hello! we're two ladies from the midwest who love fabric, yarn, crafty notions, and people who make things!
we hope our vintage finds inspire you. check back as we add more vintage fabric and also throw in some independent designers, specialty yarn, and crafty notions. let us know what you'd like to see!
watch for our brick and mortar store in milwaukee soon...

We are going to be staying in Milwaukee for our last stop at one of my own personal favorite shops, Minefull. I met Minefull last winter and have the pleasure of sporting a hat made by her quite often…oh and I get LOTS of compliments on it!

il_430xN_90404493Echo Cotton Little Girl Cloche

Here’s what I learned from her profile:

I believe in quality materials and attention to detail. With my degree in Fine Art and emphasis in Fiber Arts, my goal is to create useful and unique items you can't find in a store.
All items are made in my smoke-free and pet-free home, where I am a work-at-home mom of two wonderful girls.

I hope everyone is enjoying our little ‘tour’ around the Wisconsin shops on etsy. Have a fabulous November and stop by next week to get a peak at some more great shops!

2 comments:

midwestneedles said...

thanks for shout out! there are so many clever wisconsin crafters out there. we never would have found them all if not for your alphabetical project...keep it up! it's lots of fun!

xo,
kate and kerith

Michelle N. said...

Wow, thanks for featuring me! What a fun suprise on a (windy) Monday. Love the other shops you picked too!