Monday, December 28, 2009

Show and Tell Monday – S’s

We’ll be starting today’s journey in the state Capitol, Madison, WI, with sassmama arts.  il_430xN_106298935 Octopus Pleasure Necklace/Earrings

About Shelia of SassMama Arts;
A self taught artist of many mediums, I work with many used items. Revamping, recycling, reusing, revitalizing. The art falls under the categories of assemblage, and collage. Currently I attend the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online in pursuit of a Graphic Arts Degree.
A few months ago, I started applying these principals to designing jewelry and I am now addicted. I combine vintage pieces and parts with the new- never compromising the quality of a piece. Each design is One of a Kind, and will not be reproduced. I infuse all of my art with positive energy, love and light - from my house to yours.
Wholesale inquiries are welcome.
In addition to creating art and facilitating workshops, I am a Reiki Master Teacher offering classes and sessions out of her home. I also am a gifted Tarot Reader available for personal readings, parties and corporate events.

Next stop: SheBrews.

il_430xN_105640622 Advice from a Caterpillar Alice in Wonderland

From her profile:

I love old children's books illustrations and Jim Henson, Charles Schultz, Calvin and Hobbes, Frank Baum, Lewis Carroll and Mercer Mayer. I can remember the first thing I ever loved truly to do was read. I could not get enough material to read, and I still find my self searching bookstores and sales.
My second love may be of words. I love to see different fonts and styles, and I love discovering new words. Now, with those two things, I am always trying to find ways to express myself in a form of art. Drawing, painting, sewing, stuffing. Whatever conveys what I am trying to say. I hope I can say some things for you. When you give that gift, or purchase something to display for yourself. I hope I can find the right words and materials to say it.

Our last stop today is in Janesville, WI at Shimmer ‘N’ Shine

il_430xN_78795080Cozy Chocolate Crochet Earrings 

From her profile:

I have some really beautiful items listed and I am always looking for item ideas that I have yet to create. If you think of something that I do not have listed on my site, please feel free to email me with your ideas! I'm always up for new challenges and I LOVE to custom make jewelry!!!
I started doing jewelry in the 80s when beaded jewelry was simple! I took a hiatus from beading for a few years but decided that I was missing something important in my life. I love making jewelry for myself and for others. Over the years, I have upgraded to better materials and more advanced designs.
I started selling jewelry to friends and family by taking orders from them. They would tell me what they were looking for and I would make it for them. Now, I am here, on Etsy, to sell my designs to the world!

Stop by next week for more S’s from the Wisconsin Street Team.  There are still a lot more talented Wisconsin artists to showcase in the New Year!

No comments: