Monday, January 11, 2010

Show and Tell Monday – Onto the T’s

We’re going to start today’s journey in Montello, WI at The Fancy Tail

il_430xN_100511121 Vintage Jackie O-ish Little Black Dress

A little more about the Fancy Tail from her profile:

Ever since I was little, I've loved going to rummage sales and thrift stores. After years of collecting, I've decided to spread around these blessings sent to me by the Gods of Thrift.
I live in the country with my sweet little family and our cat named Naughty Naughty Nobu. I am also a graphic designer.

Now we’ll head down to Stoughton to visit The Painted Daisy.

il_430xN_114903567 Mix Up Sweater-Upcycled Sweater for Your Pleasure (Small)

Now let’s see what her profile has to say…

Welcome to The Painted Daisy!
Inspired my great grandmother-who saved and recycled ALL fabric, I have been admiring and collecting vintage linens and other textiles for more than 10 years.
A few years ago, when my storage totes were stuffed to the max, I decided it was time to start creating with all the lovelies I had packed away. First came throw pillows, then bags and purses, and finally clothing. I love mixing in new mod fabrics too!
I currently split my time between my seamstress job at a local upholsterer, The Painted Daisy, and of course, my 2 active kids!
Fun Quotes I like:
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources~~Albert Einstein
If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased~~Katherine Hepburn
I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch~~Gilda Radner
When I can no longer create anything, I'll be done for~~Coco Chanel

Our next shop, The Sitting Tree, is located in New Richmond, WI.

il_430xN_100511121 Celtic Sea Wide Leg Wool Pants Custom Longies Size Newborn to Toddler

Here’s what her profile says:

I am an obsessed knitter. I knit anywhere & everywhere, except while riding my bike~have not figured that one out yet. My FavOriTe place to knit, though, is nestled into the trunk of a shady tree overlooking the St. Croix River.
I am married to my best friend and am the proud mama of three homeschooled boys Jake, Cole, and Luke.

Our last stop is in Poynette, WI at The Apple (aka one of my shop’s.)

il_430xN_113174348

Bouquet of Circles - Wide Banded Candy Drop Ring – Adjustable

And here’s what my profile has to say:

I am currently a stay-at-home-mom of two small baby girls, recently retired from my full time job as a civil engineer. I have been creating things my entire life and whenever possible, I choose to make my own instead of buying something. The name of my store comes from the fact that I am part of a family-owned and operated apple orchard. When I first started dating my now-husband, his family let me display my jewelry in the apple store. It went over better than I ever expected and I have continued to create jewelry and more to sell during the apple season.

Stop by again next week to see what other T named shops have to offer…

No comments: