Monday, March 8, 2010

Show and Tell Monday – Some Newcomers

Since I went through the alphabet and featured the team members we’ve had some newcomers.  Today we’ll go a-visiting some of them.

We’re going to start this beautiful (all be it a bit foggy) morning in the college town of Eau Claire with A Vintage Choice.

il_430xN.125194794

Vintage Headache Pills Head Jar 1960's - The Shafford Co 5963Y

PROFILE:  I am a stay at home mom with a passion for being creative. My artistic mood ranges depending on the day and "artists add". I love working with my hands, painting, drawing, making jewelry, taking photos, writing and anything that involves shiny things! Recently I have taken a liking to finding vintage treasures and local thrift stores.

Next, we’ll head over to the southeastern part of the state (near where I grew up) and stop at Amy’s Pish Posh in Mequon, WI.

il_430xN.126934655 Washed Ashore

PROFILE:

Hi, I'm Amy - thank you for visiting my Etsy store.
I love working with semi-precious stones and Swarovski crystals, but do not limit myself to those materials because I often find beads that may be made of glass, enamel, metal or even plastic that are too cute to pass up.
I started creating earrings for myself and before long realized I had nearly five pairs for every outfit in my closet. People began to take notice and asked about custom items I could make for them. That's when I really became excited. I am happy to customize pieces for you.

We have one last stop to make on today’s journey.  We’re not traveling too far – just over to Racine, WI to visit Ark’s Endeavors

il_430xN.128475045 Made to Measure Upcycled Reversible Skirt Choose Your Colors and Size

PROFILE: 

I am a single mother of one and I strive to make top quality items out of recycled materials (and some new materials for my plugs). I live to create and think we should use the materials we already have wisely instead of just throwing them out.
I have so many ideas but there's only so many hours in the day. I will be working on hats, scarves, and shirts and skirts in the near future with other random things thrown in between so be sure to check back often. Starting Fall 2009 creating will be my full time job and my only source of income.

I hope you enjoyed our little journey this week.  Stop by next week to see what I find in our wonderful state!

No comments: