Monday, May 10, 2010

Show and Tell Monday – G’s

Tonight we’ll take a peak at a couple ‘new’ G shops to Team Wist since my last G post back in August of 09. 

Our journey today starts in Evansville, WI with a visit to gamiamigamiami

Paper Beads - Glittered Pink, Red and Green - Set of 10

PROFILE:

Welcome to gamiami. My name is Darlene and I love paper crafts and crocheting with thread. This is why gamiami (pronounced gah-mee-ah-mee) was born. I came up with the name by combining the Japanese words for paper (gami - like in origami) and crochet (ami - like in amigurumi).
I'm a stay-at-home-mom to a 8-month-old girl. I love being a mom and having an Etsy business. Being crafty is such positive therapy. Everyone should do something creative everyday.
Like I said in my introduction, I love paper and crochet. I'm always thinking of ways to combine these two crafts. Currently I'm selling under three categories:
{create} - hand rolled paper beads
{read} - book tongs and nook sleeves
{write} - recycled note card sets
I'm considering discontinuing my {write} category and starting a new one {wear}. Wear, you say? Yes, crocheted necklaces. They will be awesome.

Our next (and last) stop will be in Oshkosh, WI at the GubFactory.

gubfactoryShyla Gubley – Friendly Monster Plush

PROFILE:

You know how elves make shoes and little mice sneak into houses to make dresses for down-on-their-luck princesses? Well, Gubs must sneak into the Gub Factory to make all the wonderful things for sale on this site. It's the only explanation for why a graduate student who also has a 50-hour-a-week job can run this shop without going insane.
Gubs. Yeah, that's it. It's Gubs, not insanity.

Catch you next Monday!

1 comment:

Darlene of Gamiami said...

Thanks for featuring Gamiami today. You made me realize that I need to make some updates to my profile page. Ha! I haven't posted any new items to Gamiami in a while. I'm working on some new products, like my profile said, crocheted necklaces.