1) Tell us about your work & what drew you to it.
After quitting my job of four years, I was looking for something to do to make a little money for myself. My husband suggested that I make jewelry. I didn't know anything about making jewelry, so for my birthday he bought me a jewelry making kit for a necklace. I was hooked! Then I bought one for making earrings. I loved it! So I decided to keep learning. I went to the library and borrowed a bunch of books and practiced like crazy. Within two months time, I opened my Etsy store! Here's a picture (at right) of the first item created for purchase!
2)What is most enjoyable about your work?
I usually get lost in my work. It's an outlet for stress relief. I also enjoy meeting people when I'm doing a show somewhere.
3) What is your biggest challenge?
Trying to wear so many hats at once! I wear the hat of entrepreneur, mom, wife, sister, daughter, gardener, chef, housekeeper, hostess, teacher...you get the idea. Basically, I need a bigger head! LOL
4)How are you inspired?I'm very much inspired by the nature that surrounds my home. Sometimes I 'm inspired by a particular bead, or stone and an image will pop into my mind showing me what that particular item should become!
5) Apart from creating, what do you enjoy/ what are you passionate about?
Spending time with my family! I have a great husband, and two wonderful kids ages 15 and 2.
6) What is something you've always wanted to try, but haven't yet?
Skydiving! Maybe someday, but I'm afraid of heights!
7) What is your most cherished handmade item?
I would have to say this would be the bracelet I created for my Mother-in-Law. She's such a special lady. She knows that money's tight, so every year for Christmas she comes up with silly things to ask for (i.e. making Christmas cookies for her in July, so she can have “Christmas in July”). This past Christmas we granted her request (as always) but unbeknownst to her, I made her something special!
8) Is there any rule you can't help but break?
BUYING MORE BEADS!! ^_^
9)What could you never live without? My family, religion, and beliefs.
10) Tell us your top five! (music, books, movies, websites - besides Etsy!) TV rots your brain. So the only show I watch is Fringe. Favorite author, Lynn Kurland, my favorite true story so far is “Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson, I have a love/hate relationship with my 1200 sq. ft. veg/fruit garden, going to The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra (I
11) Do you have any current or ongoing specials?
Every month I have giveaways and specials for my Facebook fans! I'm also going to be having a “Christmas in July” sale. My fans always get better deals! Feel free to join me, I'd love to have you! www.Facebook.com/BjeweledJewelry
Yes! You can find me at St. Mary's Catholic - Waukesha annual festival. The festival is taking place June 25-27. I will be at the craft fair and bazaar on the 27th until 3
Bev will be giving away a $25 gift certificate to her shop! To enter t