Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August/September DIY Challenge

Time for the August/September DIY Challenge! As usual I'm late, but this month I'm quite late. Bad blogger, I know. As a result, I've decided to combine August and September into one big challenge, so that everyone who wants to participate can have time to finish a project. Megan won last month's challenge, with her Birds of a Feather Watercolor Invitation, and she has chosen the following theme.....

August/September DIY Challenge Theme: "At the Fair"

 Here's a little festive inspiration:









The Prize: We're working hard to offer a prize each month. This month, Megan has generously donated a $15 gift certificate to her Etsy shop, Zatetic Studios! Thanks Megan!

You know the drill! To enter:
1. Post a picture (or pictures) of your entry on your facebook page, website, blog, or as a listed item in your Etsy shop.
2. Then, post a link to your entry as a comment on this blog post by noon on September 22nd.

A quick review of the rules for any newcomers:
- On the 22nd of each month the winner of the previous months contest will be contacted and they will choose a new winner.
- Then the winner  will be contacted and asked to choose the theme of next months challenge.   
Participants will use the theme to inspire their DIY item.
- Only one entry per person.
- Your item must be something you made after knowing the months theme.
- If you'd like to post the challenge on your blog please use our button.
Only members of the WIST Etsy Team can participate, but we love new members so check us out and apply HERE!

Any questions or suggestions? Want to donate a prize? Feel free to start a conversation with me! 

5 comments:

librariane said...

Whew! Got my entry finished up and posted!

Alison Spanner said...

Here's my entry! In the running for first place in tiniest pumpkin category :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/162758409/small-felted-pumpkin

librariane said...

Alison--that is adorable.

Megan said...

I must not have finished my comment from last night! Well, here's mine even thought it was my topic ;)

Lola said...

Great entries! I'm sorry I missed participating ... too many deadlines this month!